The Waste Management Association of Australia (WMAA) is the only national peak body for the $14bn waste and resource recovery industry. Our membership covers the entire spectrum of the industry including landfill, recycling and resource recovery, energy from waste, e-waste, organics, construction and demolition, commercial and industrial, hazardous and biohazardous waste sectors. Membership includes large business, SMEs, local and state government agencies, equipment and service providers, as well as individual members.
Benefits of membership include:
- Advocacy to government
- Staying informed through our industry information hub: a subscription to Inside Waste magazine and WMAA E-News, as well as frequent email bulletins
- Professional development through national and regional conferences, seminars, and training courses
- Discounts at WMAA conferences, exhibitions, and seminars
- Networking and specialised information sharing by working with colleagues through our state branches, and national and sectoral network
- Member access to the WMAA Website
- Exclusive member benefits on insurance, advertising and event exhibitions
- Representation of waste industry interests to government and the media
- Affiliation with other local and international organisations such as the International Solid Waste Association (ISWA)
There are several membership packages specially designed to suit all waste industry stakeholders, for example local government, suppliers of goods and services, private sector companies, individuals, students and more.
For more information, view the WMAA Membership Benefits Summary