|Landfill WA is a working group of the Waste Management Association of Australia (WMAA). The Group was formed to promote and improve the landfill industry in WA. It provides support, information, advocacy and leadership to waste industry professionals who have an interest in landfills.
Objectives of the working group are:
- To share knowledge on key issues and developments for the landfill industry
- To be an open channel of communication between landfill operators, regulators and other stakeholders
- To inform and influence policy on issues relating to the landfill sector in WA
- To raise the public profile and perception of landfilling in WA
- To provide input into national issues through the WMAA National Landfill Division
Membership of the Landfill WA Working Group is open to all financial members of WMAA. Members generally consist of landfill operators, local and state government, consultants, equipment suppliers and academics.
The Working Group is part of the WMAA National Landfill Division and has a representative on the WMAA WA Branch Committee.
Meetings are generally held on the third Tuesday of every second month. Teleconference facilities are provided for members in regional areas.
For more information about becoming a WMAA member, please click here.